Thursday, April 6, 2017

One On One Bible Study

Going from one religion to another looking for the truth can be a very difficult process. I remember in my late 20's and early 30's doing that exact same thing and it became very confusing even to the point where I completely gave up. I asked, how can anyone know what is true when everyone seems to be teaching something different. It wasn't until the truth was revealed through God's Word that I realized all along the answers were sitting right under my nose. The Bible which I held in my hands when I went out searching contained all that I needed to know about the Lord's church.

For a couple of years we have had a visitor coming in during our Bible studies who reminded me of my early steps in searching for the truth. This individual would join our Bible studies every once in a while and when the study was coming to a close he would be the first one out the door. We never knew when he'd show up again. But as time went on he began visiting us more often and waiting around just to share with me what he had been learning at other churches he had attended. That told me he was paying attention to what we had just studied. I would take him back to the scriptures and point out what the Bible says about the subject and reminded him that the Bible should always be our final answer. Over time his confidence seem to be building up and more and more we were seeing him and now even for Sunday worship and potlucks. It gave the church a chance to get to know him. Just this Wednesday after our Devotional worship I had the opportunity to sit down with him for a one on one Bible study. Although it was getting late our study lasted over two hours and he had lots of questions. As he was leaving he said to me "I've never had a Bible study like that" I encouraged him to come back and told him I would be glad to walk him through another study. Please be praying for David has he continues to search for the truth.

No comments: